Monday, March 28, 2016

Spiders and doing what is right...

14 March 2016

This week was a blast, we went on a hike up this hill and cut down some small trees to help this guy build an extension to his house!  Then when we were done we went to this grandmas house and I climbed a 30 foot tree (I mean it was 10 feet mom...) to get the buko (coconuts) down.  That is my favorite thing here, being able to cut open a fresh buko and have some fresh buko juice.  We also caught some little spiders  on our walks home.  I use to be a little scared of spiders to be honest but here even the kids play with them.  And this morning of course I owned up some basketball with the little Filipinos!  They make me laugh so much, I don't think i can play basketball without speaking Tagalog! 

As for spiritually, I relearned a lesson this week that my dad taught me!  (I'm half a world away and my dad is still taking me to class...)  Ever since I was little my dad has taught me "don't sweat the small stuff" and that is so true.  There is an infinitely vast plan set out for us.  Every experience we have gives us an opportunity to learn and be better and work to perfect ourselves as people.  I was in this van on the way to stake conference this weekend and we drove past a church with a cross.  I thought about why our church doesn't have a cross as its symbol.  Our symbol is "the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints" with the name of Jesus in big letters.  I think the reason for that is because this plan for our whole lives, this gospel and this church is all centered on Christ.  Thats why our symbol is his name.  And as I thought about it I realized how much the gospel has changed me a lot.  How I wouldn't be me if I wasn't a "mormon".  To me it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ for Keanan Taylor-Jenson.  It is personally and directly related to me and who I am.  So maybe that is why it is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  

I miss you guys so much, again I thank you for your time and support. You have all touched me at some point in my life.  

Your Average American in the Philippines,
Elder Taylor-Jenson

"feel the fear and do it anyway"





No comments:

Post a Comment