Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Fresh Start and Astig Falls

21 March 2016

This morning we went to the falls in Bagiou Village!  It was a blast, I love it here!  I also got to eat a pig's eye this week (poor pig) and pump water for the first time.  Buko juice (as usual) was freshly cut yesterday at our dear member's house (the Deranchang family).  But in the midst of all the astig (cool) things we got done, we did work too!

This week I prayed a lot for Elpie, our 15 year old investigator who really wants to join to church and for Amie (as you can tell those are our most progressing investigators).  Elpie had his baptismal interview this week which went smoothly!  I was a little worried when we went to have his guardian sign the consent form but it went well (my companion is super good with people so props to him!).  Elpie will get baptized next Saturday if everything goes well!  He is so excited to get his fresh start, when we explain baptism we tell them about how strong the spirit is at the baptism and about how they become new, all their sins are washed away.  He is super excited for that.  And Amie started to actually take notes during our lesson, which I thought was awesome because she sometimes doesn't seam like she wants to pay attention.  But we didn't ask her to take notes, she just did, which made us super excited!  

Personally I've been working on a lot too, mostly being as obedient to the mission rules as possible and becoming as self-less as possible.  I started doing the dishes more (which I hate doing) and looking outside myself more which so far is going well!  

Thanks for all the support, I love you guys a ton.

Elder Taylor-Jenson


"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.  So watch your step."





No comments:

Post a Comment